The Property Appraisal Division oversees the Assessment Review and Equalization bureaus and has the responsibility of:
- Monitoring revaluations and revaluation contracts
- Timber and Gravel Excavation Assistance
- Assessing Standards, Current Use, and Equalization
- Standards Boards' administrative assistance
- Reporting on a variety of assessment information - individual municipal and/or statewide levels
Assessment Review (Certification) Bureau: Reviews the assessing practices of each NH municipality over a five year cycle to ensure compliance with applicable statutes and rules in the context of the Assessing Standards Board's Guidelines on Assessing Practices.
Equalization Bureau: Equalization is the process of equalizing local assessed values for each NH municipality in order to bring the values to 100%. The equalization process includes compiling assessment data, conducting ratio studies, and preparing statistical reports.