To obtain a building permit for new home construction, you must submit the following:
1. A completed building permit application.
2. Set of blueprints: showing foundation, floor plan, cross sections, elevations, etc.
3. Septic Approval for Construction Certificate (from State of NH).
4. App roved driveway permit (from Planning Board). You will need to submit your application for a driveway permit (to the Planning Board) prior to applying for a building permit.
5. A completed Impact Fee Application by the Owner of Property and Approved by the Planning Board.
6. Copies of CERTIFIED receipts showing that abutters to the construction site have been notified that a new dwelling is being constructed. Include a brief description of the dwelling: ie; 2 bedroom ranch. (pursuant to Amendment 3 passed on March 11, 1997). Abutters names and addresses may be retained at the Selectmen's Office through your research of the tax map and corresponding book.
7. Include any wetlands permits issued, variance and/or special exceptions decisions rendered by the ZBA, subdivision registry number, or any other information pertinent to the construction and or land.
1. Footing/Foundation - prior to backfilling, drains and waterproofing in place.
2. Framing/Rough Plumbing/Rough Electrical
3. Insulation - all required areas complete, per "NH Model Energy Code"
4. PRIOR TO Building Inspector's Final Inspection for a Certificate of Occupancy you will require a:
Satisfactory driveway inspection - contact Driveway Inspector, Keith Rollins at 463-7736. Schedule an inspection at least 3 weeks prior to final inspection.
Satisfactory burner inspection - contact Fire Chief Mark Tibbetts at 463-8811 or pager # 385-9857 to schedule a burner (furnace) inspection. Required fireproofing (sheetrock and/or sprinkler head) must be installed over burner.
Receipt that impact fees have been paid (when applicable).
Copy of satisfactory water test.
State septic approval for Operation Certificate.
Completed interior and exterior of the home.
Street numbers posted and visible from street.
Building Inspector's hours are: Monday through Thursday 8 AM to 12 PM. Inspections 2 PM to 5 PM. Other hours are available by appointment. Please call for necessary inspections within the Building Inspector's hours.
THE BUILDING INSPECTOR HAS 30 DAYS TO ACT UPON AN APPLICATION FOR A BUILDING PERMIT PER ARTICLE VII, SECTION 702(B) OF THE DEERFIELD ZONING ORDINANCE.