Town of Deerfield, NH
8 Raymond Road, Deerfield, NH 03037-0159
ph: (603) 463-8811
fx: (603) 463-2820
How to Make a Complaint
1. If you wish to make a complaint about the actions of a police officer or about any aspect of police operations, please:

a. Come to the department and tell any employee that you want to make a complaint; or

b. Call the department and tell the person answering the phone that you want to make a complaint

c. Write your complaint and mail it to the Chief of Police

d. If your complaint involves the Chief of Police, you may contact the appropriate appointing authority

2. An officer will assist you in filling out a Report of Complaint Against Police Personnel form. This form asks you to identify yourself and then to give specific details about your complaint.

3. Your complaint will then be investigated. You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your complaint. 

4. You will be contacted by the Chief of Police, or his designee, when the investigation has been completed.