To obtain a building permit for new home construction, you must submit the following:
- A completed building permit application.
- Set of blueprints: showing foundation, floor plan, cross sections, elevations, etc.
- Septic Approval for Construction Certificate (from State of NH).
- App roved driveway permit (from Planning Board). You will need to submit your application for a driveway permit (to the Planning Board) prior to applying for a building permit.
- A completed Impact Fee Application by the Owner of Property and Approved by the Planning Board.
- Copies of CERTIFIED receipts showing that abutters to the construction site have been notified that a new dwelling is being constructed. Include a brief description of the dwelling: ie; 2 bedroom ranch. (pursuant to Amendment 3 passed on March 11, 1997). Abutters names and addresses may be retained at the Selectmen's Office through your research of the tax map and corresponding book.
- Include any wetlands permits issued, variance and/or special exceptions decisions rendered by the ZBA, subdivision registry number, or any other information pertinent to the construction and or land.
- Footing/Foundation - prior to backfilling, drains and waterproofing in place.
- Framing/Rough Plumbing/Rough Electrical
- Insulation - all required areas complete, per "NH Model Energy Code"
- PRIOR TO Building Inspector's Final Inspection for a Certificate of Occupancy you will require a:
- Satisfactory driveway inspection - contact Driveway Inspector, Mark Young at 463-7736. Schedule an inspection at least 3 weeks prior to final inspection.
- Satisfactory burner inspection - contact Fire Chief Matt Fisher at 463-8811 or pager # 385-9857 to schedule a burner (furnace) inspection. Required fireproofing (sheetrock and/or sprinkler head) must be installed over burner.
- Receipt that impact fees have been paid (when applicable).
- Copy of satisfactory water test.
- State septic approval for Operation Certificate.
- Completed interior and exterior of the home.
- Street numbers posted and visible from street.
THE BUILDING INSPECTOR HAS 30 DAYS TO ACT UPON AN APPLICATION FOR A BUILDING PERMIT PER ARTICLE VII, SECTION 702(B) OF THE DEERFIELD ZONING ORDINANCE.