March 20, 2020
Town of Deerfield Departments Adjust Services to Limit Exposure To COVID-19: Public access to Town Buildings including Police and Fire Restricted Beginning March 23, 2020
To the residents of Deerfield,
The safety and well-being of our residents and employees is always our top priority. We understand that the rapidly evolving situation with the Coronavirus 2019 (Covid 19) can be unnerving, with new information coming to light daily, and even hourly. We are closely monitoring these real-time developments and looking to experts such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html and the NH Department of Health and Human Services, Div. of Public Health - https://www.nh.gov/covid19/ for guidance. As a result, we have taken several actions to ensure we are keeping your well-being front and center. We are committed to taking steps to protect you and the team serving you.
WHAT WE'RE DOING:
The Town continues to be committed to providing a high level of services to the community and is still open and conducting business, but with adjustments. In an effort to prevent the potential spread of the Coronavirus, the following steps are being taken to protect both personnel and the public:
• Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 all Town departments will restrict public access to Town facilities. The public is asked to call when there is business to conduct with any department that cannot be conducted online. Both a phone list and a directory of online services are available via the Town website home page at www.townofdeerfieldnh.com.
• Services that require physical access to a Town facility will be accommodated by appointment only. This includes the Police and Fire Departments and Town Offices.
• The Library will be closed until further notice.
• The Transfer Station will remain open and on its normal schedule until further notice.
• The Town Clerk Office is requesting that business be conducted online and notes that the Governor has extended temporary plates issued after March 1st to now expire on April 30th.
• All non-urgent inspections (building, fire, backflow, etc.) have been postponed and will be rescheduled.
• For all Town services, if online services or phone calls do not suffice, please call to schedule appointments. The main phone number is 603-463-8811.
Go to the Town website for complete information, guidance and resources: www.townofdeerfieldnh.com.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
• Use the online services available at the Town website at https://www.townofdeerfieldnh.com/.
• Telephone the Town Official to answer a question or resolve an issue before you come to Town Offices. The Directory of phone numbers is online at https://www.townofdeerfieldnh.com/.
• Follow posted Town Offices Guidelines for health precautions.
As events occur, we will continue to post information on the Town website and social media.
Thank you for your patience as we work together in this challenging time.
The Deerfield Board of Selectmen
R. Andrew Robertson