Property Appraisal Division
The Property Appraisal Division oversees the Assessment Review and Equalization bureaus and has the responsibility of:
- Monitoring revaluations and revaluation contracts
- Timber and Gravel Excavation Assistance
- Assessing Standards, Current Use, and Equalization
- Standards Boards' administrative assistance
- Reporting on a variety of assessment information - individual municipal and/or statewide levels
Assessment Review (Certification) Bureau:
Reviews the assessing practices of each NH municipality over a five year cycle to ensure compliance with applicable statutes and rules in the context of the Assessing Standards Board's Guidelines on Assessing Practices.
Equalization is the process of equalizing local assessed values for each NH municipality in order to bring the values to 100%. The equalization process includes compiling assessment data, conducting ratio studies, and preparing statistical reports.